When is the election?
Ballots are mailed out on Wednesday, January 19th.
If you do not receive your ballot, you can request a replacement.
The ballot is due Tuesday, February 8th.
At our November 2021 meeting, our membership voted to endorse the Schools First campaign, which advocates for the approval of two levy renewals in Seattle in the 2022 February Special Election.
Yes on Seattle School District Proposition No. 1
This ballot measure renews the Educational Programs and Operations Levy, which funds[src: Schools First campaign]:
- Staff: school nurses, librarians, family support workers, special education staff
- Programs: special education, child nutrition program, STEM
- Opportunities for students: arts, drama, music, athletics/coaches
Yes on Seattle School District Proposition No. 2
This ballot measure renews the Buildings, Technology, and Academics/Athletics Levy, which funds[src: Schools First campaign]:
- Building projects: small renovations, heating cooling systems and ongoing health and safety improvements at schools
- Computers and tablets for our students
- Classroom technology
- Training for educators and staff